Tuesday, April 5, 2011

"All I can say about life is, Oh God, enjoy it!"

I recently left a job that I had held for over a year and a half, that paid my bills and more without working more than twenty hours a week. I realized over time that I was not happy there, that I loved my co-workers like my family, but it was no longer worth the late hours, the stress, and the feeling that I was no longer learning or growing in my position. Now I wake up for work often at 5:00 a.m., and I work forty hours a week for quite a bit less than what I was making previously. But I am so content with my new lifestyle. Nothing is worth more than making a change for better mental health and for my own happiness. Now I practice yoga more regularly, I've started running again, I cook most evenings, and I have time to spend outside and with friends. Sure, I'm making less money, but in the long run is that what really matters? This is my life. I plan to live it with intention, every single day. I'm so grateful I had the courage to leave a comfortable lifestyle for one that makes me happier. In the end, these beautiful days of doing what gives my life meaning, what causes my heart to beat faster, and what makes me feel more myself, is what I will remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment