Wednesday, August 1, 2012

"The process of letting go is like taking a journey to the center of your being."

In my yoga class this evening, my teacher started off the class by asking us to just give it up. Give up struggles, frustrations, and difficulties in life and in our yoga practices. Not in the sense of defeat, but in giving it up to the greater spirit, energy, God, the greater being, the greater light...whatever it is you believe. Just release all of that to above. If a yoga pose is too difficult, so what? Give it up. Release and let it go. Rather than succumbing to the difficulty, acknowledge it and set it free.

I for one have always wanted to move through tough times to the light ahead as quickly as possible and with all of my strength. But to acknowledge what is not so right in one's life and not let it hold you back in any way...that takes practice. So what? It's just one yoga pose that I can't do very well. It is one bad day. Or one bad week. Whatever it is...just release it and free yourself from it.

The more I practice, write, think, or talk about ideas such as this I feel more centered and more able to just let it go and accept that sometimes life, or yoga, is not exactly what we wish it were at that moment. And the more I am able to understand my absolute favorite quote: "Make of yourself a light." Accept, and be glad that you have the strength to not dwell in darkness in whatever form it may take. Just give it  up. 


No comments:

Post a Comment