I have recently had the unfortunate experience of feeling disrespected, used, and hurt by someone who I had previously felt close to and cared for. As is par for the course in life, sometimes people will let us down and sometimes we also let people down. I feel like I am conscious of how my actions affect others, and now I feel even more so compelled to ensure that I am not hurting people unconsciously...or consciously. I value honesty and openness as crucial and desirable qualities in myself and in others, and failure to utilize these qualities in our lives can consequently negatively impact those close to us.
Without going into details, I have had many conversations with friends and family about this particular disappointment and blow to the ego. I have also found a sense of strength and enlightenment as a result of this particular experience. I reconnect with the realization that I have so much power and ability to decide how my story will continue. While I have no ability to change someone's actions or words, and no way to change the past or decisions that I made, I can let it go and move forward. I refuse to be reduced by any challenge of any sort, but I am determined to grow from it and let it strengthen me. I cannot control a lot of things in life, but I can control my attitude and my state of mind. I have too many blessings in my life to feel dragged down by one occurrence, by one person. I thank God for my independence and for my security with who I am and what I value. I realize I can to some extent write my own story day to day just by the way that I look at the world and by putting love and positivity above all else.
Thank you to all of those who inspire me by letting light and love guide their way regardless of circumstance, and who have peace in their hearts.
Make of Yourself a Light.
No comments:
Post a Comment