Thursday, October 20, 2011

"We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures."

During my two year hiatus from formal education, most of my time was spent socializing and working in food service. I lived pretty carefree and had my share of fun. I look back at the friends that I made, the part-time job I worked, and the freedom that I felt and I am grateful for those two years. I changed a lot. I learned a lot about myself, and I made lasting friendships. There is not a moment of that time that I regret, yet I look back on it all very fondly.

Now I am five weeks into my first quarter of graduate school in Higher Education Counseling & Guidance. I'm currently working part-time, trying to squeeze in yoga here and there, and balancing somewhat of a social life with classes and class work. I'm busier than I've ever been. But I realize that I am happier, too. Studying and engaging as a Student Affairs professional suits me incredibly well. I have found what inspires me, and makes me feel alive. I have just scratched the surface, but I recognize that I have found my niche. I have so much gratitude for the experiences that have helped me find this path. This was not a plan from the beginning, and I have met my share of challenges that have forced me to really think about what I want and who I am. I am mostly grateful for the people in my life who have encouraged and supported me, and who continue along this journey with me. I can't wait to see what happens next...
:)

1 comment:

  1. positively uplifting and inspirational! congratulations on finding what suits you best, many of us are still trying to find the right path

    ReplyDelete