Monday, March 7, 2011

"Never give up on anybody. Miracles happen everyday."

I could not have come across this quote at a more opportune time. I have spent the last month or so in a mental state that needs internal mending and renewed consciousness of the goodness, love, and blessings that are bountiful in my life. So easily I have let stress, obligations and disappointments exhaust me, even though I know they are not true representations of who I am, but only roadblocks and challenges that I will overcome. It is easier to complain than to address the cause of distress. It is easier to complain than to acknowledge that my situation at any given time is probably far easier than that of many others' around the globe. I am adjusting my perspective. I am angling towards positivity and moving forward from what I consider to be 'problems.' At this particular time, my head cold and frustrations with other aspects of my day-to-day life are in retrospect just blips along the horizon. Funny how it sometimes takes something really bad for us to realize how silly our little problems actually are. My reality check is our family friend and neighbor Tod in his fight for survival. The miracles that happen everyday need to be Tod's miracle. The only power that I have is the strength of positive thought and prayer for Tod and his wonderful family. Our minds have so much more power than we may realize. Focusing on the negative will only yield negative results. I am sending out good vibes and love to Tod and to those who are suffering and struggling every day just to breathe, just to live. 

Count your blessings. I'm learning to count mine...

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Emily, this is beautifully written and I am so happy that you are in a better state of mind than earlier today.
    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete